Development and Special Events Manager
SAVE is seeking a skilled Development professional with demonstrated track record of experience and delivery to expectations in a non-profit environment. This is a unique opportunity to join an organization that has been dedicated to the health and welfare of homeless companion animals since 1941. The Development and Special Events Manager, in partnership with the Executive Director, is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program consistent with SAVE’s current needs and long-term goals for sustainability and growth. This person must have fundraising and special event experience as well as a strong working knowledge of fundraising software solutions.
This role will be responsible for directing and working with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, Committees, etc. to increase donor engagement and secure funding through direct appeals, major gifts, planned giving, special campaigns, foundations, corporate giving, and fundraising events. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and must also have a knowledge and passion for homeless animals, especially cats and dogs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Identification, Cultivation, and Solicitation
• In coordination with the Executive Director and key staff, create, oversee, and implement annual fundraising campaigns to attract philanthropic support for SAVE.
• Assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual major gift prospects ($2,5000+) and donors with comprehensive giving capacity.
• Identify and assist in oversight of appropriate solicitation efforts to engage new and recurring individual and major gift donors.
• Develop strategy for renewed and new corporate, small business, and private foundation support. Attend solicitations, when appropriate.
• Ensures all donor inquiries are handled with keen attention and the highest levels of customer service
• Ensure the Executive Director is made aware of all donations with significant gifts resulting in immediate communication
• Oversee the donor database (DonorPerfect) to plan, track, and analyze results of development efforts; sustain and apply expert-level knowledge and systems management in compliance with best practices and user needs to ensure data integrity and security
• Assist in managing the financial process of the monthly sustaining donor program (Faithful Friend), including acknowledgement, recognition, and growth of the program
• Assist with identification and submission of grant opportunities
• Coordinate content and development of semi-annual Paw Print Post Newsletter, including coordination with the printer
• Responsible for collation and organization of Annual Report
• Partner with key vendors (website, marketing and communications, digital and print media, etc.) and new vendor identification, when needed
• Represent SAVE at community and other off-site functions including festivals, schools, churches, and key adoption events
• Always represent SAVE in a professional, knowledgeable and courteous manner. Provide quality service to the public, volunteers, and fellow employees
Fundraising and Special Events
• Assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of major in-person fundraising events throughout the year, as well as smaller special events, community events, and online fundraisers
• Assist in communication and marketing of online and written solicitations (email, social media, print)
• Research and implementation of new fundraising opportunities
• Create and maintain annual fundraising plan in collaboration with Executive Director
Essential skills for this position include the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree, in nonprofit management or a related field such as marketing, communications, public relations, or business
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising (animal welfare, a plus)
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in database management and donor record maintenance, including ability to learn a new system quickly
• A knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of fundraising (animal welfare, a plus)
• Experience with annual giving, donor segmentation, and donor stewardship
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• High level of initiative, reliability, and sense of urgency to get the job done with the highest level of quality and effectiveness
• Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Ability to present, inform and motivate individuals and groups
• Creativity and enthusiasm for making a difference in the lives of homeless animals. • Highly proficient in DonorPerfect (or comparable donor CRM), GiveCloud, WordPress, Canva/Photoshop/InDesign, and ability and willingness to learn new technologies and software
• A successful track record in setting priorities and going above and beyond when necessary to get the job done
• Passion for the mission of SAVE and caring for all homeless animals, especially cats and dogs, free of judgement or bias
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, and dedication to the mission of SAVE, A Friend to Homeless Animals
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment
• Physical capacity to set up large events, stand/be on feet for extended periods of time, and lift at least 35 lbs.; ability to perform strenuous physical activity, including but not limited to lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, and bending
• Comfortable working with both cats and dogs of all sizes and breed mix
• Due to the nature of shelter work, may be exposed to deceased, fractious, or aggressive animals; hostile or irate persons; zoonotic or other diseases; unpleasant sounds, odors, or sights
• Valid driver’s license, transportation, and ability to drive SAVE transportation vehicle (Ford Transit)
• Generous Medical and Vision/Dental insurance benefit per the company plan (eligible 90 days from date of hire for full-time employees only)
• Eligible for the company 401(k) plan with 3% match per vesting schedule (eligible 90 days from date of hire)
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – 10 days. One (1) additional vacation day for each year of service up to a maximum of 20
• Paid holidays (7) per company policy
The salary range for this position begins at $60,000 commiserate with experience.
To apply : please email cover letter and CV/resumé to email@example.com.
Sign up for Emails