Director of Development
HABcore, an organization that has been dedicated to supporting the homeless for 35 years, is looking for an experienced Director of Development to join our staff and work with our Director of Events and Engagement and Director of Grants. HABcore has been rapidly growing to meet the need for affordable housing and services for the homeless and is looking to expand its fundraising department to help sustain that growth. This job presents an opportunity to do meaningful, impactful work in an area where a truly tangible difference can be made.
The Director of Development will develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategies including donor development/retention, major individual and corporate gifts, government and foundation support, and planned giving. He or she will generate new revenue and obtain funding in the amount as identified in the annual budget.
Accountability and Supervisory Responsibilities:
· Reports to the Executive Director
· Daily hours may vary according to the needs of the organization (evenings and weekends)
· Cohesively coordinate fundraising and marketing strategies and efforts with the Director of Events and Engagement and Development/Marketing Committees
The candidate must:
· Possess strong, charismatic communication skills to engage and motivate people, building relationships.
· Possess significant fundraising experience cultivating donations of $10,000 and up.
· Possess excellent writing skills.
· Be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Donor Perfect (or equivalent) database software.
· Be proficient with multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok)
· Work with accuracy and have high attention to detail and sense of urgency with deadlines.
· Possess strong organizational, analytical, strategic thinking, and planning skills.
· Work in a highly motivated, energetic, creative, collaborative, and flexible manner
· Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Possess flexibility to respond and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Possess experience with moves management systems.
· Be familiar with the Monmouth and Ocean County communities.
· Provide vision and leadership to the Development Committee, Board and other fundraising volunteers.
· Exploration and implementation of new unrestricted fund-raising opportunities
· Research, identify and solicit new prospects proactively in a personal, individualized fashion, engaging the board in the process.
· Mine donors and prospects for information about their motivations, interests, passions and satisfaction with HABcore and other charitable organizations.
· Cultivate, steward, and acknowledge donors in an individualized and timely fashion, as well as, re-engage with lapsed donors, engaging the board in the process.
· Maintain the prospect/donor database, Donor Perfect, expanding e-mail and regular mail lists.
· Oversee major gifts and moves management program, creating individualized, goal-based donor plans to build relationships through correspondence, phone conversations, and personal visits in an effort to enhance each donor’s annual and planned giving.
· Coordinate spring and annual appeals and explore new campaigns.
· Oversee planned giving program.
· Develop corporate sponsors, partnerships and discounted expense sources.
· Assist in the preparation of government grants.
· Participate in associations, organizations, seminars, and other social, networking, and educational venues that will lead to contacts for new revenue sources. Undertake involvements that cultivate new donations.
· Coordinate presentations to community organizations and public appearances with the Director of Events and Engagement.
· Assist the Director of Events and Engagement, working with the office team, board & community volunteers as each project requires.
· Ensure projects and processes are cost-effective and optimize return on investment of time.
· Present monthly reports at board meetings.
· Provide input towards preparing the development budget and monitor fundraising targets.
· Manage and report on processes of projects to ensure all steps are followed.
· Performance of other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Contribute to press releases, opinion-editorials, eblasts and social media strategy.
· Contribute to creative design and production of invitations, appeals, brochures, and other collateral materials.
· Contribute to creative design and production of brand awareness tools and promotional items.
The compensation range is $65k-$85k, commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are also offered, as well as 100% paid-for health and dental insurance, a flexible work environment, and matching 403b up to $6,000.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Emails